Grandma Jo's Garlic Kohlrabi with Pancetta
Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
This recipe comes from my Grandma Jo, by way of my Aunt Julie. My grandma enjoyed growing kohlrabi. It was a staple in her garden in Lima, Ohio. When harvested later, kohlrabi can have a tougher outer skin. So, we peel it to keep the brassica tender and tasty. It tastes like mild cauliflower. The garlic and pancetta add a lot of flavors while still letting the kohlrabi shine.
Servings: 2 people
- Chopping Board
- Frying Pan
- 2 (2) Kohlrabi
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Pancetta
- 4 cloves (4 cloves) garlic
- Cut the tops off the kohlrabi.
- Peel the kohlrabi.
- Slice the kohlrabi.
- Peel and slice the garlic into thin slices.
- Heat a frying pan on high heat. Add the pancetta to the hot pan.
- Fry pancetta until lightly browned. The pancetta releases grease onto the pan.
- Add the sliced garlic to the hot pan. Cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add Kohlrabi.
- Turn kohlrabi in the frying pan until coated with the grease. Cook for kohlrabi until softened and the garlic is golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Enjoy garlic kohlrabi with pancetta!
- We bought the pancetta at Trader Joe's. I like that it is already diced and ready to use.
- The kohlrabi came from our CSA box. It should also be easy to find in the produce section of any supermarket.
- Thank you for the recipe, Grandma Jo. We miss you.
Calories: 285kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 406mg | Potassium: 661mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 55IU | Vitamin C: 94.9mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 0.9mg
Loved this recipe?Subscribe & get the Meal Plan System!