Piping hot garlic pizza straight out of the oven is so much better when enjoyed with homemade garlic pizza sauce.
Get ready to make a lot of this garlic pizza sauce recipe. You’ll be able to enjoy it for days on pizza and pasta.
Why It Works
Slowly simmering this garlic pizza sauce until most of the liquid has evaporated guarantees it will be very aromatic.
The sugar helps cut into the tomatoes’ acidity.
The red pepper flakes add a wonderful little kick to this sauce.
Homemade Easy Garlic Pizza Sauce
Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
This slowly simmered garlic homemade pizza sauce is very easy to make and packs a garlic punch. Use it with the Caramelized Garlic Pizza with Fresh Basil recipe. Make extra for freezing or even pouring over pasta.
Servings: 8 people
- Chopping Board
- Collect all the ingredients for the recipe.
- Peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Finely dice the onion.
- Melt butter and olive oil in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Squeeze the garlic through a garlic press directly into the saucepan. Allow the garlic to cook until golden, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the oregano, red pepper flakes, and salt. Allow the garlic pizza sauce to cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the diced onion. Turn the heat up to high. Cook until the onions soften and are golden.
- Add the tomatoes. Leave the heat on high until the tomatoes begin to bubble, about 5 minutes. Turn the heat down to medium once the tomatoes are bubbling.
- Stir in the fresh basil sprigs.
- Stir in the salt and sugar. Simmer on low heat for 45 minute to 1 hour until most of the liquid evaporates and the sauce is chunky. Stir occasionally.
- When ready to use, discard the basil. Season to taste
- Enjoy this super garlic pizza sauce with our garlic pizza recipe!
I like the sauce to be quite chunky because I like a bit of tooth in the texture of my pizzas. That’s why I use peeled, diced tomatoes. But if you prefer your pizza sauce smooth, you can use an immersion blender once the sauce is done to blend it smooth.
CreditInspired by Serious Eats' recipe New York Style Pizza Sauce.
Calories: 28kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 909mg | Potassium: 43mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 220IU | Vitamin C: 2.1mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 0.3mg
Loved this recipe?Subscribe & get the Meal Plan System!
2 thoughts on “Homemade Garlic Pizza Sauce”
This easy homemade white garlic pizza sauce is sure to become a new family favorite, for mine and yours!
Thanks Tipings. Please feel free to leave a review by clicking the stars icons if you want to share how much you enjoyed the recipe.