What if I told you that you could have mouthwatering garlic bread in 5 minutes without breaking a sweat?
You won’t have to take my word for it. Try it for yourself!
This is the first recipe in my series of 5-minute recipes for garlic lovers.
Why It Works
When I’m in the mood for my garlic fix, I want garlic bread right away. This recipe cooks the garlic butter in the microwave which cuts down the amount of time from craving to satisfaction. Instead of baking the garlic bread from scratch in the oven, in 5-minutes, you can enjoy your delicious garlic bread.
I designed this recipe around minimalist or small apartments that might not have an oven. If you have a microwave and toaster, you are golden. So you can make this recipe on vacation or even if you live in a studio without a kitchen!
5-Minute Garlic Bread
- 2 slices Bread Fresh crusty bread is the best.
- 2 tablespoon Butter Salted butter tastes better and is less work.
- 1-2 cloves Garlic Fresher the better
- 2 sprigs Cilantro Optional
- Collect all the ingredients for the recipe.
- Peel the cloves of garlic. Squeeze the cloves through a garlic press.
- Scrap off all the pressed garlic and put into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Add the butter to the bowl with the garlic.
- Heat the butter in the microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Stir the garlic into the melting butter. Place a paper towel over the bowl to avoid splattering butter in your microwave. Heat the butter again on high for 30 seconds.
- While waiting for the butter to cool down, toast your bread in the toaster. I like my toast lightly browned but you can toast it on whatever settings you prefer.
- In the meantime, finely chop the cilantro. If you’re skipping the cilantro, then jump straight to step 10.
- Add the cilantro to the garlic butter.
- Using a spatula, spread the garlic butter on your toast.
- Enjoy your 5-minute garlic bread!