Garlic Tomato Cream Pasta Sauce with Shrimp
Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
The tangy flavors in this tomato-cream pasta dish are mouthwatering. This particular version is quite sharp, due to my restraint in not adding any sugar to temper the tomato's sourness. If you prefer something milder, add a touch of sugar to mellow it out.
Servings: 3 People
- Prepare the zucchini by chopping both ends off. Then spiralize it and place in a glass bowl.
- Heat in the microwave on high for 1 minute. Toss it and put it back in for another minute. Take a bite of the zucchini noodles. Are they al dente? If not, put them back into the microwave for 30-second increments until they reach your ideal texture.
- Mince the onion.
- Heat butter in a large skillet on medium.
- Throw in the minced onion.
- Squeeze the garlic through a garlic press. Add the garlic directly into the skillet with the onion. Add salt; it helps the onions cook faster 🙂 Sauté the onion and garlic until brown.
- Pour the canned tomatoes into the skillet. Turn up the heat to high.
- Cook until the sauce thickens to a chunky consistency. You know it's ready when you spread the sauce and there's almost no liquid residue. Don't let the sauce burn. Turn down to medium heat if it's too hot.
- Make a well in the sauce. Add the shrimp. Cook the shrimp until they are pink and the edges curl. Toss the shrimp through the sauce.
- Turn off the heat. Pour in the heavy whipping cream. The residual heat should warm up the cream but not enough to curdle it. If you keep the heat on, the acidic tomatoes might cause the cream to curdle. So you have been warned.
- Serve a bed of zucchini noodles with the tomato-cream sauce on top. Share the shrimp evenly. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grate Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese over the top.
- Enjoy the tomato-cream sauce with zucchini noodles!
You can also substitute angel hair pasta. Cook the pasta according to package directions.
Calories: 451kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 211mg | Sodium: 877mg | Potassium: 845mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 1650IU | Vitamin C: 38.2mg | Calcium: 375mg | Iron: 3.4mg
Loved this recipe?Subscribe & get the Meal Plan System!
4 thoughts on “Garlic Tomato Cream Zucchini Pasta with Shrimp”
The pictures look very nice!
Thank you very much, Mystery!