Are you looking for a cold noodle dish, ideal for a hot summer’s day? Introducing…Garlic Cucumber Noodle Salad. This spicy, garlicky cold noodles dish is topped with cucumber and carrot to make a refreshing snack and side dish.
Why Garlic Cucumber Noodle Salad Works
What really makes these noodles stand out though is the chili sauce: we love LGM (Lao Gan Ma)! Enjoy it for a snack or as a side dish.
Pair It With
Try this recipe with the Garlic Green Beans recipe.
Garlic Cucumber Noodle Salad
- 3.5 oz udon noodles, Any dry udon noodle works. I like the Korean-style udon because it's chewy when al dente.
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar, You can substitute other types of vinegar, such as rice wine vinegar or malt vinegar.
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Lao Gan Ma chili sauce, Or LGM as I like to call it. Any LGM flavor works.
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions. Place noodles in boiling water on high and cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain immediately. Rinse noodles with cold water to stop cooking. Set aside in a bowl.
- Place the egg in a pot of boiling water. Cover pot and leave the heat on medium high. Time for 6 minutes and drain the egg.
- Place egg in cold water to stop cooking.
Toppings & Sauce
- Finely mince the green onions.
- Grate the cucumber.
- Grate the carrot.
- Pour the sauce ingredients, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and LGM over the noodles.
- Finely mince or push the garlic through a garlic press.
- Put the green onions, garlic, cucumber, and carrot on top of the cold noodles.
- Grab a spoon and use it to peel away the shell from the egg. Split the egg in half and place on top of the noodles