When you’ve only got 5 minutes to get your garlic fix, this cream cheese-based dip is a yummy way to add flavor to your sandwiches and snacks. It’s a great way to use up leftover herbs that you might have after making dishes like jambalaya, pork and shrimp wontons, or butternut squash and brie gratin.
This is the second recipe in my series of 5-minute recipes for garlic lovers.
Why It Works
I love spreading this dip on lightly toasted sandwich bread and adding some canned tuna for a quick lunch. The creaminess pairs well with the strength of raw garlic.
Since this recipe calls for raw garlic, only one clove is needed. Or else you’ll get a very spicy dip and some pungent garlic breath to boot.
5-Minute Garlic Herb Dip
- 8 oz. (226.8 g) Cream Cheese, Allow to soften at room temperature
- 1 clove (1 clove) Garlic, The fresher the better
- 2 tablespoons (29.57 g) cilantro
- 2 tablespoons (29.57 g) Chives
- 2 tablespoons (29.57 g) Green Onion
Ideas to eat with dip
- Celery, Optional
- Carrot, Optional
- Bagel, Optional
- Collect all the ingredients for the recipe.
- Cube the cream cheese. Put the cream cheese into the food processor bowl.
- Peel the clove of garlic. Squeeze the cloves through a garlic press.
- Scrape off all the pressed garlic and put into the food processor bowl. Process for a few seconds.
- Add half the herbs to the cream cheese and garlic mixture. I like to start with chives.
- Using a spatula, scrape down the edges of the food processor bowl. Add the rest of the herbs.
- Blend until completely smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy your 5-minute garlic herb dip! Try dipping carrots and celery or spread it on a toasted bagel.