Ever wonder what you can get done in 15 minutes?
How about dinner from fridge to table in 15 minutes or less?
Following on the heels of our discussion about meal planning, food inventory, and reverse shopping lists, it’s just as important to learn how to cook quickly while still making delicious and nutritious food.
Alex and I have solved this problem of how to cook fast and tasty by focusing on stir frying.
Learn to stir fry tofu with cabbage, carrot, and mushrooms. We packed this stir fry with umami deliciousness to satisfy your hunger.
- 8 oz. Tofu (Regular or firm works best)
Stir Fry Vegetables
- 1/2 head Cabbage
- 2 Carrots
- 6 Shiitake Mushrooms (About a handful)
- Preheat the wok on the highest heat possible.
- Cube the tofu. Keep the cubes the same size.
- Add the canola oil to the preheated wok.
- Roughly chop the garlic and slice the green onions into thin strips.
- Add the cubed tofu to the wok. Use a spatula to turn a few times. Keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't burn.
- Slice the mushrooms.
- Chop the cabbage into same-sized strips.
- Slice the washed carrots. Keep the slices the same size. You can use a mandolin if it is easier.
- Roughly chop the cilantro.
- Add the green onion and garlic to the tofu in the wok. Stir to evenly cook the tofu. Allow the aromatics to brown for about 1 minute.
- Add the mushroom to the wok. Toss to ensure it cooks evenly.
- Add the cabbage and carrot to the wok. Stir continuously until the cabbage has softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add the sriracha and dark soy sauce. Stir to mix evenly.
- Remove the wok from the heat and plate the stir fry. Garnish with cilantro.
- Enjoy your tofu stir fry!